Sunday, May 27, 2012

{Real Wedding} Norm & Sue- 5-26-2012 Childhood sweethearts marry three decades later.


Norm and Sue first met over thirty years ago at a small campground in Upstate New York.  They were engaged to be married while in high school.  Both being young, they unfortunately  drifted apart and went their separate ways.  They both married and were blessed with children of their own.  Eight years ago, while Sue was searching on Facebook, she found Norm again!  She contacted him and fate brought them back together and today we celebrate the rejoining of these two hearts.  

On May 26, 2012, As their elderly parents were seated in the front row and the friends and family that are closest to them witnessed, I had the honor of marring the childhood sweethearts. 



 I asked them you each write me a private letter on why they loved each other to read as a part of their ceremony. 


Norm wrote...
 
When we first met back in high school, we were a good match from the start.  Just too young to know how important that was. Like the song goes "You don't know what you got, till it's gone". I was young and dumb and let her get away, and have regretted it ever since.

Luckily for me, ole fate stepped in and gave me a second chance. Now that I am a lot older, and a little smarter, I am not making the same mistake again. 
When we met again 9 years ago, we both had been through most of life's experiences, except for true happiness.  After hours of phone calls, and spending time together, I quickly realized she was "The One".
Why do I love "my girl?"  The main reason I fell in love with Sue is she is the "Real Deal".  There is nothing pretentious about her.  She's the most awesome woman I have ever known. 
I love her for her nurturing spirit and positive attitude and that she is able to forgive and forget without a second thought.
She’s kind, compassionate, thoughtful, and generous of herself and her time, asking nothing in return.
I love her because at times she is pure entertainment, all by herself. She cracks me up!!!
I love that she wants to spend time with me in my man cave, works on projects with me, and loves the outdoors, camping, and riding our ATVs.  She has been my pit crew, helper, ladder holder, teammate, doctor, nurse and riding buddy,
Now a road trip driver she is not. Her specialty is being “Sleepy the Co-Pilot". It usually requires me breaking a bone, for her to take the wheel on a trip.  That has happened a few times, and she did a great job.
But I love her most when I pull a dryer sheet out of my shirt sleeve at work, or find a little love note in my lunch.  She loves me even in times when I am sometimes not loveable.
I love to hear her laugh and make her laugh, and her happiness is my priority.
She is the best thing that has ever happened to me, my best friend, my buddy, and the love of my life!

 Sue  wrote...

When I first found Norm again my heart skipped a beat.  When I saw him again after 25 years I thought it was a dream, because it literally was a dream came true for me.  Over the many, many months we spent talking, I knew that I had found my soul mate and best friend again.

He is loving and compassionate, caring and thoughtful, generous, sensitive and emotional, and he's not afraid to show it.   Although he puts on a good manly front, he is an old softie !!  I love how he always grabs my hand to hold it and opens doors for me. I love when he is always there with umbrella in hand when it rains. 

I love that when we go to restaurants, he always sits so his "eye" is on the door.  He always has my best interest, safety and happiness in mind, and he makes me laugh every day - usually at his own expense!!

He makes the very best campfires, cooks anything to perfection on the grill, picks out the best greeting cards ever, and can tear apart anything and put it back together in record time. He is a perfectionist and his motto is measure twice, cut once and if you want something done right, do it yourself!! All these things and more are what made me fall back in love with him, and love him for every day.   He is my rock, my best friend, my soul mate and the love of my life. 








I wish them a lifetime of happiness now that they have reunited!    

Danielle M Baker
"The Wedding Lady"
Wedding Officiant & Minister
864-303-8748

No comments:

Post a Comment